Function of the Corporate Services Department [Director: SP Dlamini]
- To ensure that the municipality’s staff is diverse, representative and skilled.
- To Implement workplace skills plan within allocated budget
- To provide purposeful systematic and continuous labor relations and effective capacity building to the staff
- To Provide secretariat to the council
- Implementing Records Management Practices
- To ensure that the municipality will use information and communication technology effectively to assist in decision making, in working efficiently, and in delivering services more effectively to clients.
- Ensuring proper up keep of council records
- To ensure that personnel receive specialised training.
The fully established and well functional Corporate Services department within a municipality is of high priority as it is the department that shares a very close relationship with the public.